If you’re looking for the perfect summer salad (that’s not just lettuce!) look no further. This quick herbed veggie couscous is just what you need. It’s got color, and is packed with nutrients to keep you satisfied, energized, and balanced. It’s a perfect side dish to any meal, but I think it makes a good case for main entree! Did I mention how easy it is to make? #findyourbalance
Quick Herbed Veggie Couscous
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/4 head purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 8 oz can garbanzo beans low sodium if you're watching your salt intake – rinsed and drained
- 1 cup couscous uncooked
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp herbes de Provence
Couscous and Veggies
- Measure 1 cup uncooked couscous and cook according to instructions on box.
- Finely chop bell pepper, cabbage, and tomatoes and set aside.
- When couscous is finished cooking, set aside on a plate to cool.
- When cooled, combine veggies and couscous in a large bowl and mix together.
- Combine olive oil, salt, pepper and herbes de Provence in a small bowl and whisk together with a fork.
Put it all together!
- Add to couscous and veggies mix and stir.