There is just something about a fresh, crunchy summer coleslaw that perfectly completes every grill out meal. This recipe is no exception. Balance out your summer meals with this fun, colorful, and delicious slaw! Read the recipe notes below for a fun fact. #findyourbalance
Easy Peasy Citrus Summer Coleslaw
- food processor
- 1/2 head green cabbage shredded
- 1/2 head purple cabbage shredded
- green peppers, red peppers, yellow peppers, carrots, tomatoes all optional and add some extra color!
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp brown mustard
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 lime
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shred the cabbage. I go the easy route and use a food proccesor with a shred attachment (can shred a whole freaking cabbage in 30 seconds). But finely chopping with a knife works just as well.
- Chop or shred any other vegetables you want and add to the cabbage.
- Whisk the vinegar and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon and 1 lime into the mix.
- Add in all other dressing ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- If you want, you can allow the cabbage to "marinade" in the dressing for 1 hour before eating, but it's not necessary.
Let’s be honest, I don’t plan ahead and I don’t have patience. I’m not waiting an hour to eat this. But there are some flavor benefits if you do. Fun fact: when you store the leftovers the purple cabbage starts to bleed a little and the entire coleslaw turns this beautiful purple color and it’s pretty cool.